Student Support Centers
Student Support Center
Each school in the North Adams Public School district employs a Student Support Center.
The Student Support Center provides proactive support and skill building opportunities in order to help students positively change their social, emotional and behavioral choices. A full time coordinator staffs the Student Support Center. The coordinator provides supports by:
- Setting limits and managing various levels of behavior.
- De-escalating various levels of emotion.
- Processing with students utilizing best practice techniques.
- Providing processing opportunities to individual students through check-ins.
- Collecting and analyzing data regarding Student Support Center usage on a daily basis.