RESPECTFUL is being considerate, courteous, appreciative, gracious, polite, well-mannered, civil, humble … What a GREAT list of words!
This year, as we look to EMPOWER ALL LEARNERS, this concept of respectful is one of our 3 Rs. We expect all learners to be respectful.
At Greylock School RESPECTFUL LEARNERS:
- I can learn as part of a community by taking care of myself, others and materials.
- I can demonstrate empathy and the power of a genuine apology.
- I can learn as part of a community with members that have differing opinions, cultures, likes and dislikes.
- I can recognize when someone needs assistance and support them.
- I can listen, encourage, lead and be helpful to create a positive learning environment.
What are your expectations for respectful children at home? Discuss this often with your child.